The first full version of the European classification system ESCO is live and, OpenSKIMR is one of the first ESCO pilot projects built on it.
- We build on latest version the European classification system ESCO (European Skills, Competences, Qualifications and Occupations). ESCO is part of the Europe 2020 strategy and therefore an ongoing project with an open stakeholder consultation in which we are part in.
- We develop a set of algorithms that match talents with the perfect fitting job and in addition, suggest learnings which shall be supported in evolving personal career routes of future STEM talents. OPENSKIMR draws the bow between talents, job and upskilling through needed learnings. It is a tool which aims to support people individually with their personal career path and combines life-long-learning opportunities with specific job offers.
- The development of an independent expert and talent community.
- A set of algorithms, which involve the match-making and the recommendation of jobs and the right education, based on dynamic talents skill sets.
- The proof of concept of our approach through a platform with real data of talents, opportunities and learnings.
As the job market gets ever more technical, measuring skills is more important than ever. Continue reading
Choosing the right job path. It’s often the most difficult part of a person’s career. Continue reading
It’s a trap so many of us fall into. Scoring that first job out of school or university and thinking “Great, no more education for me. I can relax.” But to move up the career ladder we need to keep working on our skillset — whether it’s learning new ones or improving existing ones.
Great news! It’s one of the most in-demand jobs, with 80,000 more App Developer jobs posted than people hired in 2016, according to Inc. But how do you go about getting the job? Here’s our five-step guide to scoring your dream job.
In the beginning of May this year, our OpenSKIMR Instagram contest took place. We were delighted with all your great participation and input, with so many creative pictures and videos. You shared so many stories about some of the most trendy and desired job roles in the digital world!
The ICT sector is one of the fastest-growing sectors of the job market, growing at about three percent per year. In Europe alone, around 700,000 new ICT jobs are predicted to open by 2020, with demand still outstripping supply. Here we take a look at some of the most popular job titles in the ICT sector, and delve more into what each of those roles actually entails. Continue reading
3 questions to Marianne Prast, Researcher in HR at OPENSKIMR
3 Questions to Andreas Kofler*, mathematician of OPENSKIMR