3 Questions to Andreas Kofler*, mathematician of OPENSKIMR
skill match maker
Openskimr is a life-long companion which guides talents through their career in the STEM area.
Expert and Talent community
Openskimr is a platform for an independent expert and talent community. People from the research consortium and the industry can connect with young talents to develop the best possible match making system in the STEM area.
The Openskimr team develops a set of algorithms which involve match-making and recommendations of jobs and proper education, based on the talents' skill sets dynamics.
European classification system ESCO
Openskimr is built on the latest version of the European classification system ESCO (European Skills, Competences, Qualifications and Occupations) to provide international compatibility.
What is OPENSKIMR?
OPENSKIMR is the EU-funded project that aims to create a possible skill-matchmaking between talents, and jobs and the required learning to support people in creating their personal career routes. This project is based on two unique features:
- We build on latest version the European classification system ESCO (European Skills, Competences, Qualifications and Occupations). ESCO is part of the Europe 2020 strategy and therefore an ongoing project with an open stakeholder consultation in which we are part in.
- We develop a set of algorithms that match talents with the perfect fitting job and in addition, suggest learnings which shall be supported in evolving personal career routes of future STEM talents. OPENSKIMR draws the bow between talents, job and upskilling through needed learnings. It is a tool which aims to support people individually with their personal career path and combines life-long-learning opportunities with specific job offers.
The vision of this pilot project is to develop a life-long companion, which guides talents through their "career path planning". OPENSKIMR envisions to upskill and guide talents in the ICT sector and thereby reduce the unemployment rate and increase the mobility in Europe as well. Our vision involves:
- The development of an independent expert and talent community.
- A set of algorithms, which involve the match-making and the recommendation of jobs and the right education, based on dynamic talents skill sets.
- The proof of concept of our approach through a platform with real data of talents, opportunities and learnings.
The mission of this pilot project is to spread and improve the availability of digital skills in Europe in order to foster digitization to reduce the youth unemployment rate, to improve the employability, to provide guidance and to show possibilities to talents spread over the whole of Europe.
We are proud to announce a running prototype of OpenSKIMR!
“We want to transfer knowledge beyond company boarders”
3 questions to Verena Lemberger*, Lead for ‘Learning and Career Path’ of OPENSKIMR
“I put my heart and soul into the project”
3 Questions to Dania Radi*, Project Leader of OPENSKIMR
“We are pioneers in many areas”
3 Questions to Remo Schmid*, Lead Software Development OPENSKIMR
“Believe in your talent and make the world run better!”
3 Questions to Prof. Dr. Peter Mirski* – Founder and visionary mind of OPENSKIMR
Kick Off Workshop OPENSKIMR
From 8th till 10th of February 2016 PDAgroup GmbH invited experts from all over Europe to Innsbruck for the Kick-Off of the Open European Skill Match Maker (OPENSKIMR), an EU-funded project that aims to create a perfect matchmaking between talents, jobs, and the right education.
Subscribe to newsletter
More updates on Twitter
Like us on facebook
We would invite you to "Join our Research Lab" - to become part of the community, which supports the development of the best possible match making system.